Late Sheikh Jaafar Mahmud: Some Interesting Facts You May Not Know About Him
13 Years After his Assassination
Sheikh Mahmud Jaafar Kano is a popular Islamic scholar in Nigeria, born on 12th February, 1960, in Daura Local Government Area of Katsina State. He was assassinated on 13 April, 2007 in Kano while leading the Subh (early morning prayer).
Late Sheikh Jaafar Mahmud Adam was killed after educating millions of people across the globe.
He left this world but left a legacy. He will always be remembered. Below are 15 interesting facts about him you may not know.
1. He died after completing tafseer of 60 hizb of the Holy Qur’an twice.
2. He was killed while praying on Friday.
3. He died after fully memorizing 60 hizb of Holy Qur’an at young age.
4. He was killed while leading a congregational prayer.
5. He was killed after completing teaching Hadith of Umdatul Ahkaam.
6. He was killed after completing teaching Arba’una Hadiith.
7. He was assassinated after completing teaching Kashfusshubuhaat – TAUHID.
8. Sheikh Jaafar was killed after completing teaching Bulugul Maraam.
9. He was killed after completing teaching Riyaadussalihiin.
10. He was killed after completing teaching Siiratun Nabawiy.
11. He was killed after completing teaching Ahkaamul Janaa’iz.
12. He was killed after completing teaching Siffatus Salaatun Nabiiy of Muhammad NasirudDeen Albany.
13. He was killed after completing teaching Kitabuttauhiid of Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab.
14. Before his death, he was reading for Ph.D in Islamic Studies at Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto.
15. He was killed after obtaining degree in Madinah and Master’s Degree from Sudan.
May God forgives all his shortcomings. May he continue to rest in peace.
If you know any other history about late Sheikh Jaafar Mahmud please do not hesitate to drop it in the comment section.
CREDIT: Mustpaha Muhd Gujba
Like and share.