Beware of five traits
As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh
“Ibn Umar (R.A) related that the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h) said: “O Muhajirun beware of five traits:
- If ever immorality spreads and there is no sense of shame on its occurrence on mentioning it and people talk about it as if nothing bad has taken place, diseases which were not present in the times of their forefathers and earlier generations will spread among them.
- If they decrease the measure and weight of solid grains or food, they will be overcome by poverty,their provisions will decrease and their ruler will be unjust.
- If they refrain from paying the Zakaat due on their properties, they will be deprived of rain,unless they get it only for the sake of their cattle.
- If they renounce their commitment to Allah and His Messenger, they will be governed by an enemy who is a stranger to them and who will take away some of what they possess.
- If their rulers do not rule according to Allah’s Book, they will be afflicted by civil war.
Allah forbid that this should happen to you.”
- Ibn Majah