10 INSPIRATIONAL VERSES FROM THE QURAN TO GIVE YOU HOPE
5TH NOVEMBER 2023
“The people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds. So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it” [Quran 99:6-7]
The Holy Quran remains the sole source of authentic authority for Muslims, and the miracles and inspiration that come from its holy words are endless and boundless.
In the spirit of holding steadfast to hope and empowerment, here are 10 of some of the most inspiring verses from the Holy Quran:
1. “And Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness” [Quran 8:33]
In this verse, Allah reminds us of the power of his mercy and the importance of asking for forgiveness. Mercy and compassion are some of the most awe-inspiring acts of Allah, and as Muslims, we should take hope in the fact that with constant and sincere prayers for forgiveness, we can all be forgiven inshallah. This verse reminds us that we should always hold onto the hope that we can always ask for forgiveness and mercy.
2. “He created the heavens and earth in truth and formed you and perfected your forms; and to Him is the [final] destination” [Quran 64:3]
By reminding us all that the final destination for everyone on earth is back to Allah, the Quran emphasizes that our entire being and meaning of life revolves around this very fact: Allah has perfected us in our own unique form, and we will ultimately be returned to our Creator. By remembering that our final goal and destination should be about the return to Allah, this verse of the Quran serves as a timely source of inspiration whenever you feel lost in life.
3. “And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent” [Quran 65:3]
This verse serves as a source of hope for those who feel alone in this world; by remembering that Allah is and will be always enough for us all, we can take hope in the fact that we will never in fact be alone in this world. Knowing that Allah is there for us all can serve as an important reminder that all we ever need is faith in Allah and knowledge of the Holy Quran.
4. “My mercy encompasses all things” [Quran 7:156]
Another verse that reminds us of the mercy of Allah, this can help those who are fearful of not being forgiven despite sincere prayer and repentance. As this verse from the Quran states, Allah’s mercy encompasses everything and is boundless, meaning that no matter what we are asking forgiveness from, we should always ask for it with sincerity, and inshallah we will be answered.
5. “The truth is from your Lord, so do not be among the doubters” [Quran 3:60]
Living in a world with endless distractions and confusions can wear one down immensely. This verse tells us that the one and only truth will always be from Allah, and that believing truthfully in the Oneness of God will help us both in this life and the hereafter.
6. “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear” [Quran 2:286]
When feeling overwhelmed by struggle, pain, or certain obstacles in life, it is important to remember that Allah only tests those with as much as they can specifically handle and overcome. By understanding that each hardship is created specifically for you to overcome, it becomes empowering to know that Allah understands your strength more than you sometimes understand yourself.
7. “So verily, with the hardship, there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief” [Quran 94:5-6]
One of the most quoted verses from the Quran, this particular verse reminds all who reads the Holy Quran that with every hardship in life, there will always be relief from Allah as well. Remembering that Allah gives and takes, and also provides us all with what is best, this particular verse can help those improve their levels of hope when it seems like all is lost.
8. “Do what is beautiful. Allah loves those who do what is beautiful” [Quran 2:195]
Another beautiful verse from the Quran, this can help remind us to stay good and pure in our actions, and to strive towards being the best Muslims even when it seems no one is looking. Beauty, on a deeper level, is often equated with goodness of Allah, and by remembering that our actions should be centered around having a beautiful heart we can inshallah come closer to Allah.
9. “The people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds. So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it” [Quran 99:6-7]
This verse serves as a timely reminder that even the smallest, seemingly most insignificant act of goodness will not go unnoticed by Allah. Encouraging us to do good even when it seems as if we are completely alone or at our lowest, this verse can give us inspiration in the goodness of every act of charity or kindness in this world, no matter what the scale may be.
10. “Say, ‘O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful’” [Quran 39:53]
Another verse of the Holy Quran that reminds us of the greatness of Allah’s mercy, this is another source of inspiration for those who need the gentle reminder that Allah will always be there for us. Knowing that with sincere repentance, Allah can and inshallah will forgive us, this verse is another reminder of the greatness of Allah’s mercy and compassion.